Rise Up Legal originated in 2008 when Mr. Paul Cain and Mrs. Melissa Cain began working together at Cain Law Group in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mrs. Cain served as the founding attorney, while Mr. Cain – having yet to attend law school due to military service – worked in a managerial role, handling business administration. Mr. Cain also assisted clients with bankruptcy filings in a paralegal capacity.
The Cain firm filed hundreds of cases and represented thousands of clients in Nevada during the 2008 economic crisis. Today, they continue to serve their clients with integrity, honesty, and fierce support through Rise Up Legal.
Meet Our Attorneys
Melissa Cain, Esq.
My work is incredibly rewarding. I treasure the close relationships I have built through assisting people during their time of need. In the spirit of helping others, Mr. Cain and I enjoy working with charities like Habitat for Humanity.
In my off time, you will find me doing crafts or playing Nintendo Switch with my daughters, completing projects around the house, or enjoying all of the wildlife Florida has to offer. I love animals, and we have a Teddy Bear puppy (Bella) and two fantail Goldfish (Pearl and Charlie) as part of our family.
If you are in trouble—stuck on the hamster wheel of debt, unable to get ahead—call me. We can discuss your options and implement a plan to meet your goals. Don’t wait until it is too late to be in control of your future.
(904) 569 6305, Extension 4
Melissa Cain holds a license to practice law in four states. She is a compassionate counselor who will help you obtain debt relief.
- Alabama (Lic. #1041B42Z)
- California (Lic. #313189)
- Florida (Lic. #1015664)
- Nevada (Lic. #10863)
Paul Cain, Esq.
Aside from zealous advocacy, the lawyer’s primary role is to ensure you, our client, can perceive both the positive and negative aspects of a complex legal issue. Lawyers must boil down unfamiliar topics and promote well-informed, rational decision-making processes.
I’m passionate about integrity, responsibility, and professionalism. I strive to combine tenacity and grit with a civil, courteous approach. As your attorney, I will work hard, every day, to help you manage uncertainty and overcome any legal obstacles you face.
I’m a first-generation attorney who’s known nothing but long days and hard work my entire life. I grew up in Alabama, became an Eagle Scout during high school, and enlisted in the U.S. Air Force soon after graduation. I spent my 20s in Las Vegas, then moved to Los Angeles and attended college on the G.I. bill. After deciding to attend law school, I finished in 23 months, shaving more than a full year off the traditional three-year program. I held a job throughout my law studies while simultaneously doing the best I could to be a good dad to my kids.
I’m licensed to practice law in Florida and work alongside my bride and fellow attorney, Melissa Cain, here at Rise Up Legal. Our main office is in wonderful Jacksonville, Florida. We live in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach, where we’ve decided to settle down and raise our amazing daughters.
Are you experiencing legal trouble? Call me – I’ll fight to protect your best interests.
A. PAUL CAIN, Esq.
Attorney William Rothrock, Of Counsel
Native Texan, born and raised in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex. Florida licensed Attorney. Retired Green Beret with over 22 years of experience leading, planning, and executing operations critical to national interest.
Select accumulative accomplishments include:
- Received the Jerome Kermit Coble Award for Distinguished Public Service
- Member of the American Inn of Courts in Jacksonville, Florida
- Graduated from Special Forces Qualification course earning the leadership award. Led over 100 U.S. soldiers and over 140 Afghan militia and civilian forces
- Managed over $6 million of government property. Responsible for dispersing funds in excess of $2 million used for reimbursement or compensation of property loss. Planned for and managed the acquisition of supplies for various necessities such as food, water, fuel, and construction materials used to improve quality of life. Executed quality control for goods and services received
- Negotiated and managed four government contracts in excess of $3.1 million
- Established and strengthened rapport with foreign host nations and communities to publicize U.S. capabilities and ensure a healthy working relationship that lasts long after U.S. Military’s presence (at least in theory)
- Trained over 1500 people, consisting of U.S. Army Special Forces, Ranger students, Special Operation Combat Divers, United States Military Academy (USMA) Cadets, Afghan militia, Afghan police, and Afghan civilians. Training areas focused on target analysis, engineering skills, demolition/ EOD operations, and small unit tactics, including raids, ambushes, surveillance, reconnaissance, mission planning, and orders production. Described by the Director of West Point’s Department of Military Instruction (DMI) as “the best military science instructor regardless of rank or position”
- Received Presidential Outstanding Volunteer Award
Mr. Rothrock works with Rise Up Legal on an of-counsel basis and has been part of the firm since 2020.
Willow is a 21-year-old college student and legal assistant from Ellijay, Georgia. Ms. Newell has been with the firm since September of 2022 and pays great attention to detail and organization; she has a passion for helping others and is working towards going to law school in the future. Willow strives to constantly expand upon her abilities and knowledge and will be happy to assist in all matters brought to our firm!
Nicole is a 24-year-old legal assistant local to the Jacksonville area. Ms. Macomb graduated from the University of North Florida with a bachelor’s degree in political sciences and has been with the firm since May 2022. She is a fun and outgoing young woman who is happy to help whenever the opportunity presents itself.